Here are some tips:
- As a business grows, it will eventually need to take that first leap into the online world explains Paul Haarman. As technology evolves and becomes more important in everyday life, it is best to be ahead of the curve when beginning a new venture. One way to ensure this is by creating an effective ‘home’ or ‘landing page’. This is a web page that details information about your business, your idea/product/service and how you can contact you. It’s essentially your online business card.
- The front face of your startup company is often referred to as a website or blog but what good is having one if nobody knows you have it? With hundreds of thousands of other businesses on the internet all competing for eyeballs, standing out is one of the most challenging parts to creating your new business.
- The key to ‘standing out’ is by creating an online image for yourself, so you need to spend time trying to convey the message that you want people to get about your company. This can be done in many ways but there are two surefire methods that jump out immediately: your Company Logo and your Homepage Image – referred to as a Front Page Image or Front Page Photo.
- You cannot underestimate the power of having a good logo design for your website because it appears on every page and communicates something important about whom you are without using any words which makes it very user-friendly. It’s worth putting thought into what your logo says about you, rather than just throwing up a picture says Paul Haarman.
- The same goes for your homepage image, as not only is it the first thing that people see when visiting your site, it also appears on many search engine results pages (SERPs) as a preview of what’s on offer. If you have a poorly designed one, it can be detrimental to your brand and leave a bad first impression which can be hard to recover from.
What makes a good home page photo?
We could give you a list of rules and regulations about designing an effective logo or cover photo but we will keep things simple by highlighting some essential elements that really draw the eye in says Paul Haarman. The most important factor is to have visual balance, so elements on each side of the design are equally weight to attract attention.
Another important tip is to use a high-quality image because it will make a real difference in how your webpage appears. You can achieve this by using a square design, which looks great on every device and makes the photo easily scalable.
Incorporate some colours, whether you’re going for two or three colors, the choice is yours but always keep contrast in mind. Make sure that there are no visual elements that will clash with anything else on your site and compromise the design you’ve worked so hard to create.
How to get the right front page image:
So we have told you what we think makes an effective front page photo but where do we go from here? How can we produce something dynamic and eye catching without investing too much time? Well, there are a few different ways that you can achieve this goal and we have listed a number of them below.
There are a number of different companies out there who offer custom logo design services (just do an online search for ‘logo designer’ to find some companies) but one thing they all should be able to provide is the option to include your own photo in the design – especially if you’re asking someone else to create it! If not then try another company until you get what you need.
The other option is obviously DIY but if you aren’t skill with image editing programs like Adobe Photoshop or Gimp, then maybe pays someone on Fiverr.com or UpWork to produce something professional-looking. You can also check out stock photography websites for the free images that are available. Don’t forget to take a look at our ‘How to Guide’ about finding suitable photos for your site, which can be found on our Support page.
Two companies that have caught our attention with their brand awareness are Pokémon Go! And Spotify who both appear under the Featured Snippets section of Google’s SERPs for the keywords ‘Logo Design’. This is an excellent example of how effective logo design can be because it acts as a stepping stone. Between you and potential customers looking to make contact online – congratulations guys!
Don’t sell yourself short by neglecting this aspect of your website or business. Because everything will revolve around your front face – even if you don’t realize it yet explains Paul Haarman. Take a look at various websites and their cover photos. To get an idea of how you might want to use yours. As the front page is the first thing that people see before clicking on your website – make sure you make a good impression!