LinkedIn is still the go-to platform for professionals, and it’s only going to get better says Paul Haarman.
Here are some things you can expect from LinkedIn in 2021:
1. LinkedIn will become even more popular among job seekers.
In 2021, LinkedIn will continue to be the top platform for job seekers. With its vast pool of professional connections and its ability to connect job seekers with the right employers, LinkedIn is the perfect tool for finding your dream job.
2. LinkedIn will become even more popular among businesses.
LinkedIn is already a popular platform for businesses, and it’s only going to get bigger in 2021. Businesses will continue to use LinkedIn to find new customers, promote their brand, and connect with other businesses.
3. LinkedIn will introduce a higher level of customization for profile pages.
Currently, LinkedIn is one of the most customizable platforms out there – it allows users to change font color, background image, etc. But in 2021, they’ll take things to another level by allowing users to upload their own background images and font colors says Paul Haarman.
4. LinkedIn will introduce a new feature that gives users more control over the content they consume.
In 2021, LinkedIn is going to introduce its own version of an “unfollow” button which lets you see only the content that matters to you, without you having to unfollow the people who are posting it.
5. LinkedIn will introduce a new feature that makes collaboration easy.
By 2021, LinkedIn will have introduced a new version of its “discussions” tool which lets you collaborate with other team members in real-time. Using this feature, you can assign tasks to different users, provide feedback, etc.
6. LinkedIn will introduce an option that lets you see how closely your connections and followers match with one another.
If you’re using LinkedIn for networking purposes, 2021 is going to be a great year for you because in this year, they’ll add the option of sorting your connections by their job titles. This will give you an idea of who you should be connecting with and how.
7. LinkedIn will introduce a new tool that allows users to schedule posts in advance.
With this feature, you’ll be able to plan your content strategy and schedule all your posts for the next few months – or even years! – Ahead of time.
8. LinkedIn will become even more proficient at identifying your skillset and helping you find the right career path for yourself.
In 2021, LinkedIn realizes that all job seekers don’t think or act alike, so they decide to expand their search algorithm accordingly – this means that if you’re having a hard time finding the right career path, LinkedIn is going to find it for you.
9. LinkedIn will introduce a new tool that allows you to identify and connect with influencers in your industry.
In 2021, LinkedIn realizes the value of influencers and how they can help businesses grow and expand their brand’s reach – so naturally, they decide to add some sort of “influencer search” option which lets users identify influencers based on certain parameters such as location, education, etc. After all, who better than an influencer themselves to promote your business?
10. LinkedIn will introduce a feature that allows users to directly message one another without having to exchange email addresses or phone numbers.
This means you can finally contact anyone on LinkedIn by simply typing in their name and selecting the proper option from a drop-down menu, without having to go through the hassle of exchanging contact information.
11. LinkedIn will introduce a new feature that allows users to tag specific content for future reference.
In 2021, LinkedIn realizes that different people notice and absorb different types of information at different speeds – so in order to solve this “problem” they add a new feature that lets you bookmark certain pieces of content for later use or reference.
12. LinkedIn will introduce an interactive map that shows users how well connected they are with other members worldwide.
The best part is, by 2021, it will be possible to see how many connections you have within your local area as well as outside of it says Paul Haarman.
13. LinkedIn will add more languages to its translation tool.
This means that if you’re not comfortable with the language that LinkedIn is currently available in, there will be other options for you to choose from.
14. LinkedIn will introduce a new feature that allows users to export their data in a more user-friendly format.
In 2021, LinkedIn realizes that everyone likes things their own way – so they add a new feature that allows users to export their data in a format that is easy for them to understand and work with says Paul Haarman.
15. LinkedIn will add more filters to its search engine so that users can find what they’re looking for even faster.
This means that if you have a specific goal in mind, you’ll be able to find what you need even faster.
No matter how amazing 2021 sounds for us, this is still far away. We can’t wait that long or else we’ll lose precious years of our lives.
There’s good news though; you don’t have to wait till 2021 to get these changes!